Friday, December 31, 2010

Saying good-bye to 2010

I can't believe it is the last day of 2010.  Time really does go faster the older you get. 

In 2011, my first born will be ten (that's a decade folks).  My baby will be six.  My husband will celebrate his fortieth birthday.  And I will have my twentieth high school reunion.  Crazy stuff! 

Since I am getting older and time is flying by, I have decided to participate in Ali Edward's One Little Word challenge.  I have chosen the word FOCUS.  I have been reading and rereading The Happiness Project.  It has inspired me to focus on certain areas of my life.  I need to focus on completing a number of projects.  I need to focus on my health; weight loss being priority one.  I need to focus on God and reading His word.  I need to focus on simplifying and organizing.  I need to focus on learning new skills (photography, digital scrapbooking, photo editing).  I need to focus on being a better parent, better wife, better daughter and better friend.  And I need to focus on this ole' blog! 

What are your plans/resolutions for 2011?  Do you have One Little Word? 

I hope you have a safe and Happy New Year's Eve. 

Here's to a healthy and prosperous 2011!         

3 comments:

  1. Hey! Found you on Ali's blog! My word is Focus too and thanks for the info about the book! Just downloaded it! May 2011 be your best year yet! xo
    jenn

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi, thanks for your comment on my blog. The Happiness Project was one of the first books I read in 2010, and one of the best! I should reread it, as well.

    ReplyDelete
  3. :) Thanks for your comment on my blog - focus is a great word!

    ReplyDelete